Teaching With Intention Chapter 5 Swimming With Sharks!


Oh this just gets better and better! I want Debbie Miller to come to my school classroom! I want to see her in action! I want to analyze every lesson now! Those questions on page 69! OMG!! Thought provoking! I want to make sure the kids are more engaged and participating in their learning! I love the quote from Frank Smith says, "We can only learn from activities that are interesting and comprehensible to use; in other words, activities that are satisfying."  I remember reading Frank Smith in college! :) I knew I had a great foundation in education! 
The whole computer file folder idea is great! I know I will be making one of those before I go back to school. Yes I'm with you @kindersmorgie - it will be laminated!  I also think that is a great way to start the kids thinking about their thinking. That is a perfect first lesson. I need to add more research into the class also. We do some, but not enough. I believe there will be many more schema charts also! Oh the wheels they are a turning! The kids will be DOING so much more this year! I will sit back and let them do the work! I will sit back and let them do the work! I will sit back and let them do the work! I need to go back to that early quote from Katy in chapter 3 - those voices in her head - "do this, do that! Slow down!" I will slow down and let them learn! I will slow down and let them learn! I will slow down and let them learn! 



 This is so much fun with this book! I do not want it to end! I really wish we were doing this one at school! Looking forward to Lesson Design next week! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pocket Chart Fun!

Currently July!

Clutter Free Linky Week 3