Dollar Store Finds

Well, last week we had a Snow day, but... we had NO SNOW! My dear daughter and her roommate were home for spring break. So we did what all good girls do - we went shopping!! Nothing like a rainy day at a Dollar Tree! lol And to think, these ideas were BEFORE I went to the Pa Kindergarten Teachers Conference! I have even more ideas now! hee hee
These are the things I picked up!
These fly swatters were just too cute to pass up! They will be GREAT pointers and are looking oh, so SPRINGY!! The kiddos will love using the word wall and finding words around the room with them!

 These are magnets for my little snack fridge in the room! These must be the hottest new things instead of window clings. :)


 I'm not totally sure how I will use these hats yet but I couldn't resist! I know we can use them for cone shapes in math - 3-d shapes in common core! But I'm thinking "word wizard" or "special student" or... share some of your ideas with me!
 I got these to put away for next year! I missed most of Read Across America week with the conference. :( But I'm thinking next year- we can do something with these! I Wish that I had Duck Feet or The Foot Book. I have a whole year to think about it! Now- not to lose them till next year!
These will be out at centers soon! I have some of those egg holders shaped like a bunny and an egg - got those at Walmart a few years ago. I think I will use these to practice making one to one correspondence with numbers. I could do lower/uppercase letters too. I could do rhymes, beginning sounds, vowels... Oh my! Do I need to go back and get more???

So looking forward to going back to school tomorrow! It's been awhile since I have seen my kiddos! Hope they are ready for me! haha Thanks for reading this long post! I'm hoping to get back on soon and discuss the Pa Kindergarten Teacher Conference - especially meeting Dee Dee Wills and Lori Elliott!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment

STEM Challenge