Instant Assessments - Carson Dellosa Style





We all need the data!  Carson-Dellosa has a new resource for us! Language Arts Instant Assessments for Data Tracking! Sounds like a lot - and it is! We may not always want to assess, but it is part of the job. This resource gives us different and helpful ways to get that data. I think it might even be easy- shhhh don’t tell the administrators that! These assessments can be used in many different ways- pre/posttest, exit tickets and even during small group lessons. It includes different formats that can be used in different ways. More bang for your buck! It covers reading literature, informational texts, foundational skills, writing, conventions and vocab. The students love showing what they know – there are two of these so you don’t need to come up with a pre-and posttest. They did this for us! Exit tickets – I was really wondering about this one when I first saw it. We might be able to do some of these now at this point of the year, but not earlier. The more I looked at them though, the more I thought – I can use these, just maybe not having the kids write their answers. They can tell partners their answers, draw a picture or tell me. I have a beginning – I can use these to start making my own. Oh – they did give generic ones along with specific skills. There are even ideas in the book to use them for more- task cards in centers, Scoot game pieces or warm-ups. There are word lists included also. Who doesn’t need a good list occasionally. Am I right? I write the plans and I got all the words I need, then I go. to teach the lesson and can only think of two! Please tell me I’m not the only one! This resource also has cards to help the students with the skill and the assessment. Great ideas to use them also – keep them on a book ring – color code them to keep them separated and to distinguish the sections. And really??? Who doesn’t love color coding! The book also includes assessment and fluency pages. The skills are right on for kindergarten so everything can be used at some point throughout the year. This is a quick, easy way to assess our students and instruct them to improve their skills. Another great tool for us to use to move our students forward!  Very user friendly and kid appropriate! I participate in the Brand Ambassador Program for Carson-Dellosa and have received this product for free to review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEM Challenge

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment