Teaching With Intention Chapter 5 Swimming With Sharks!


Oh this just gets better and better! I want Debbie Miller to come to my school classroom! I want to see her in action! I want to analyze every lesson now! Those questions on page 69! OMG!! Thought provoking! I want to make sure the kids are more engaged and participating in their learning! I love the quote from Frank Smith says, "We can only learn from activities that are interesting and comprehensible to use; in other words, activities that are satisfying."  I remember reading Frank Smith in college! :) I knew I had a great foundation in education! 
The whole computer file folder idea is great! I know I will be making one of those before I go back to school. Yes I'm with you @kindersmorgie - it will be laminated!  I also think that is a great way to start the kids thinking about their thinking. That is a perfect first lesson. I need to add more research into the class also. We do some, but not enough. I believe there will be many more schema charts also! Oh the wheels they are a turning! The kids will be DOING so much more this year! I will sit back and let them do the work! I will sit back and let them do the work! I will sit back and let them do the work! I need to go back to that early quote from Katy in chapter 3 - those voices in her head - "do this, do that! Slow down!" I will slow down and let them learn! I will slow down and let them learn! I will slow down and let them learn! 



 This is so much fun with this book! I do not want it to end! I really wish we were doing this one at school! Looking forward to Lesson Design next week! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment

STEM Challenge