Interactive Word Study!

Interactive Word Study


http://www.carsondellosa.com/products/104946--Word-Study-Resource-Book-104946#/?book media type=f389e45b92884d48844baaf09d49e3c5


Carson-Dellosa sent me a GREAT back to school package! I couldn’t believe my luck when I opened it up! I was wanting to do more of this in the upcoming school year- did they read my mind? My kinders LOVED doing interactive math journals last year. I knew I needed to do more with ELA. They answered my prayers. 😊

Interactive Notebooks Word Study is the latest book from CD Publishing on my bookshelf. It covers TONS! From sight words to phonics (and not just general phonics!) to syllabication patterns to word parts. OH MY! I thought it was just going to be sight words, but happily so much more! Then when I saw that, I thought – oh, we could divide the notebook into sections. GUESS WHAT? They have tabs that you can run off and use. I’m thinking bright colored paper for that (wink, wink). That also tells you about the last section – reproducibles!  OH – make your own interactive pages to fit your own curriculum! I may be in love! Lol

They really thought of everything – they give ideas on how to get started, different thoughts on different notebooks (I’m using composition books). I have decided that since I will have a book for Math and for ELA, I’m going to put different color duct tape down the spines so they know which one to get (well, hopefully, they will know). Carson Dellosa gives you ideas on how to organize the book, formatting the pages, managing a classroom with them, a rubric and yes, even a PLANNING SHEET! This organization loving heart was so happy! I’m such a geek.

There are 8 basic sight words and a template to make your own. The kids can color ( red vowels, blue consonants; rainbow colors) the word, build the word, unscramble the words, find the word and use it in a sentence. I was a little concerned about making my own with the boxes around it, but they put a grid! Carson- Dellosa is so smart and helpful. They must have known how challenging it is for me to space things correctly.

The phonics section covers consonants, short and long vowels and long and short together sort. It covers the beginning, middle and end of sounds, adding and substituting sounds and blending sounds. WHOA – my head is spinning in summer mode remembering how much we have to cover. One day at a time, one day at a time.

Syllables are covered. Then rhymes and word families. YES, thank goodness there is a blank word family page! I’m thinking weekly word families! And all sorts of fun idea pages for other folds and flaps to use on our own. 😊

This is a great resource to start the year off with and be able to use it throughout the whole year. Very excited to start our letter/sound learning with this book to help us. Plus – it will give us some fine motor practice too. 😉 

Looking forward to delving into school mode now!

I participate in the Brand Ambassador Program for Carson-Dellosa and have received this product for free to review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment

STEM Challenge