Creepy! Crawlers



Creepy ! Crawlers is a level 2 Spectrum Readers from Carson Dellosa. WOW! I did not know all this information about arachnids! This book would make a great addition to a guided reading program. Kids would be eating this information up! The pictures are great – real photographs and up close (too close for my comfort!). The book has enough repetition to help beginner readers and enough new vocabulary to make them work and learn. There are helpful hints inside the cover for the parents and questions to ask in the back. I would love to have a set of these for my classroom for guided reading groups. Non-fiction is the in thing with the kids. I would even be able to use it as a read aloud during our “insect” unit – to find out that spiders are NOT insects! Always a cool fact for kiddos. I must say, I learned  tons of information about different spiders and arachnids from this book. The choices in these books is amazing! You can always check it out yourself at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FrahEzhSxg&list=UU3GUHj-hsfTDBiUWiTRQlIw&index=2
Nice when the teacher can learn as much as the students!  I would recommend these for anyone looking to enhance their reading program! They would be great for K- 2 graders and really start them off on a good note in reading because the text is leveled correctly and the photos are amazing. Way to bring the world to life – and the hands of our readers! I participate in the Brand Ambassador Program for Carson-Dellosa and I received this
product for free to try and review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment

STEM Challenge