Carson Dellosa - Interactive Notebooks- Math!

So these interactive notebooks have been everywhere! The blogs are full of them. I haven't gotten around to trying them yet. It's on the to-do list for this year. Now I know where to start! Carson-Dellosa has made a great resource for Interactive Math Notebooks! It has some great features! The pages are perforated so you can easily take them out to copy. Or do you like to take them out and put them in page protectors in a notebook - by topic or as a whole book? Do you file them? I'm trying to get away from files! I don't mind books (well, I LOVE books) but the less paper around the better for me! I'm trying to keep things digital. Any how! Back to the book - It is set up with the 5 domains from common core. There are a few - EASY TO READ!-information pages with some visuals. OK - I teach kindergarten - I have the same attention span some days! LOL It explains interactive notebooks, how to get started, how to organize, plan and manage and even has a grading rubric. Then it gets into the domains and activities. There are several for each domain, except "Numbers and Operations in Base Ten", that has only one. It has the most for addition and subtraction. There is a page for instructions and a page to copy for the student notebooks. There is also a whole section of reproducibles for the pages. They have included different flaps, folds and pockets. :) The directions are quick and simple. They give ideas for independent work for the students. So you get teacher directed and independent learning from each activity. This makes this so simple! I'm not as overwhelmed as I was thinking about interactive notebooks. I also think this is a great starting point. This makes it easy to start with notebooks. It's all set up. It's all in one place. Then you can use your creativity to expand on the idea. Thanks again Carson-Dellosa! I was just on their web page and this book comes in an ebook also!! How cool is that? How much more storage will we all have when the books are on our computers! :) AND... there is a language arts version also!! As always Carson Dellosa made a video to show how great it is too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpfAaeR2k4k Check it out!!  I participate in the Brand Ambassador Program for Carson-Dellosa and have received this product for free to review.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEM Challenge

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment