Back to School January Style

Light black gold happy new year with stripe Stock PhotographyWell, it's Sunday night and the football game is on. :-) I stayed out of the building for the whole winter break! I did it! I have been busy cleaning around the house. We have thrown out TONS! I have three bags to take to school this week. You all do that too don't you? You clean out at home and decide that you can use it in your classroom. Oh that needs cleaned out too. I'm feeling motivated though! This is the year! 
I cleaned up the emails from school - it's all fresh and ready to go! I made a list of things that I want to do tomorrow with my kinders! None of it is on the lesson plans. That's ok! I'm good with it. I knew I better make a list though or I would forget what I wanted to do with them. I really want to talk, work on, discuss, move toward a POSITIVE GROWTH MINDSET. I bought the book Mindsets In the Classroom by Mary Cay Ricci today. I'm super excited to start reading it. Probably when I'm done this post. lol 
I also bought Beautiful Oops. It's not close by ( it's in the teacher bag) or I would tell you the author. I bought Growth Mindset by Darlin' Little Learners.  I can't wait to start using it tomorrow. That's on the list! I bought The Book With No Pictures too. Ok, it was a big shopping day! It's the only day I did any over break (I think). I'm really working on having less. So purchases are just not necessary. Don't worry! I'll still be buying things! I'm a kindergarten teacher! We did stop at Target too. I didn't buy out the dollar spot, but I did snag the pink, glittery HAPPY sign! :) That's going to the classroom. Yep, it's in a bag! I don't think I'm going to take all of the bags tomorrow. I don't think I could carry them all. My sweet husband offered to take me into school today to take the bags, but I said no. I was totally enjoying vacation! BALANCE! That's a great word for the year! I've seen it floating all over. I did pick the word HAPPY. I just like being happy. We are empty nesters - it's really fun! Fun makes me happy! 

So the list for tomorrow isn't that long. But it's loaded with FUN! I can't wait to see my students tomorrow! I would love some more time off, but I do miss those little ones! I can't wait to hear about their holidays. That should be fun! I want to read Squirrel's New Year Resolution by Pat Miller tomorrow too. Then we will write some of our goals/resolutions too. Of course.

I want to remind them that they need to help me too! I started a special desk/table for our special student. It has an adult swivel chair, colored pencils, pens, etc. But I keep forgetting to remind the special student to sit there. I need them to be responsible. I need them to tell me that's what they are doing. I also want the special student to tell me of any photo opportunities through out the day. I'm so bad at remembering to take pictures. I figured they can do that! 

I also want to review seating arrangements. I want them to understand that they can choose where they want to sit - table, floor, rug. They can make that choice. I want them to be responsible. I also want to discuss if they need anything special to help make this happen. 

I also want to teach them how to answer the phone. It never fails that I am far away from the phone when it rings. I want to teach them to be polite on the phone. I want them to know who will answer the phone - special student! I have wanted to do this for awhile, but never take the time. TOMORROW IS IT!! 

I also have a guidance lesson tomorrow. Welcome back! It will be a busy, HAPPY day! I can't wait! Oh - we might get to something on the lesson plans! lol


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment

STEM Challenge