Chapter 3

What should your math work stations, look like, sound like and feel like?  
I have not done math stations this year. That is the plan for next year:) I hope they look like the ones in this book!! lol I do want to make sure that I MODEL all the materials before I put them out in the stations. I want them to be a great place for the students to work and learn and have fun.

What does your management board look like?
I will be making a pocket chart- I think. I will be using their pictures for the board. I want to see some more ideas from all the other great bloggers.

How do you support math vocabulary (math talk cards) in your stations? 
WOW - do I need to work on this. I have thought about making a word wall of sorts with math vocab. I want to add more of this and make sure that it is included in the stations. I also want to connect it with some Whole Brain Teaching concepts that use gestures for the words. 

This is a great chapter! I need to sit and look at the schedule to fit this in!I am concerned that there is too much to do and not enough time.... I also worry about what I will put into these stations. I know that will be answered soon in the rest of the book. 

Well, 3 1/2 days to go! Tomorrow I think we will be working on cleaning up some math materials:) and some other stuff... why is there still a list of things to do for the kids?? :)  

Comments

  1. I know what you mean! It is hard to fit it all in. I do like when Debbie Diller said to look at your schedule and basically cut out the fat. We are hoppin' all day long!

    Enjoy your summer!!!! Thanks for linking up with us!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the discussion. I bet as you close your classroom for the summer, you will start to look at what you have to make MWS work in your classroom. Finding time is a challenge for everyone; especially in k. I am sure you will be able to work it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im also worried about the time. I have 2 blocks I could use for math= 30 mins for 17 students or 60 mins for 32-33 students. I am going to have to look back throught the chapter. Hang in there, You are almost at the end!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STEM Challenge

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment