Community Day

We had a great time today with Community/Fun Day! We certainly built a lot of community in our school! Each student went to four different "stations" around the building. They were mixed K-6th. They played bingo, minute to win it games, carnival games (outside in the heat! and I didn't hear one kid complain!) and board games. It was a little sad to me that many of the kids didn't know how to play the board games - Cooties, Yahtzee,etc. I guess families don't sit around and play them anymore. They had fun once we got started though! It also made the last full day go really fast! Now we just have to get to 12 noon tomorrow:) Well, and in service on Monday...

Comments

  1. I incorporate a lot of game activities into my math and literacy stations because I was finding the same thing--my kinders didn't know how to play the games! I also started incorporating "family game night" into my monthly homework they drew a picture a wrote about what they played. My parents loved it (almost as much as the kinders)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to post my link :0) I was so excited to share!
    Barb
    kinderzoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STEM Challenge

Clutter Free Classroom Assignment